Do you have a news or story idea related to an ND EPSCoR funded activity? If so, we'd like to hear about it and spread the word!
The ND EPSCoR Conference, originally scheduled for April 21st, has been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns. While we are disappointed, this decision was made after careful consideration and consultation with numerous individuals who all concurred the safety and health of the participants, speakers, and staff is our highest priority. We will begin conversations soon about the potential to hold the conference this fall and will keep you informed of our decision. Absent a fall conference, we look forward to welcoming everyone to Fargo next spring for the 2021 ND EPSCoR Annual Conference. The ND EPSCoR Conference is an annual event that brings together faculty, students, and the community in a celebration of research endeavors taking place within almost all of the state’s higher education institutions.
2020 Annual State Conference
The ND EPSCoR Annual State Conference is scheduled for Tuesday, April 21, 2020, at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks.
View the draft agenda for the conference.
For instructions on poster presentations, please see the poster guide.
ND EPSCoR NATURE University Summer Camp: June 1-12, 2020, at NDSU and UND
- University Camp Opening Ceremony: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 1, Gorecki Center at UND
- University Camp Closing: Research presentations from 9 to 10:45 a.m.; Closing Ceremony from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., McGovern Alumni Center at NDSU.
ND EPSCoR Position announcement:
ND EPSCoR now has a position open for Communication Manager. Please check details here.
The current issue of the News and Notes Newsletter (3/13/20) includes, among other stories:
- The STTAR (Students in Technology, Transfer and Research) program has spots available! ND EPSCoR is still accepting applications from North Dakota businesses that would like to cost-share a student intern (p. 2).
- Khwaja Hossain (Mayville State University) uses wheat-bran in his research for the Center for Sustainable Materials Science (p. 3).
- Lauren Dennhardt (Valley City State University) is working to make prairie restorations more resilient in her research for the Center for Regional Climate Studies (p. 4).
New Funding Opportunities: See Funding for Researchers
- for undergraduate students: a summer 2020 research opportunity
- from NSF: Track-4
- from ND EPSCoR: a NATURE Program Associate Coordinator of NATURE University Summer Camp at NDSU
- from NSF: Workshop opportunities
Useful Research and Event Links
- Dickinson State University Scholarly Research:
- Mayville State University Grant Office:
- Minot State University Office of Sponsored Programs:
- NDSU Research and Creative Activity (RCA) Useful Links:
- UND Research and Innovation Useful Links:
- Valley City State University Grants Office: